The DC Kids staff is committed to helping lay a strong foundation in the life of each child, with the hope that when older, each child will accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Our desire is to provide a Christ-centered, interactive, fun and safe environment for your child to learn and build lasting relationships.
Kids ages 3 thru 5th grade will be having fun as they play games, are challenged with missions projects, make new friends, and dig further into God's word. Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm at the DC Church West Portsmouth Campus. Begins September 6th.
Our smallest DC Kids can explore our backyard themed area, where they will find birds, “Spot” our dog, raccoons, cats, and other animals roaming around the fence and gardens that we like to call the “Backyard”. The “Backyard” level of DC Kids is solely for our preschool families and for our families with special needs children.
Come and hang out in the backyard with us! Being a DC preschooler is so much fun! Each week, Ollie the Owl brings us our Bible story as the kids listen in wonder. It is exciting to learn, dance, and sing praises to Jesus in our preschool worship. Kids are learning to move and to Honor God at the same time! During our group time, we teach kids the same basic heart truths repeatedly so they will fully know them when they are ready to move to Kindergarten: God created me, God loves me and Jesus wants to be my friend forever!
At the beginning of the month, every preschooler is given a monthly placemat to use in their home. This is an exciting way for kids and parents to continue their conversations about Sunday morning. Here in DC Kids, we want to partner with you in your parenthood journey!
Our clubhouse is an inviting place where kids will make friends and are greeted by enthusiastic leaders who have a solid relationship with Jesus and want to share that relationship with your child.
When kids are in our Elementary groups, they will learn these three basic truths: I need to make the wise choice, I can trust God no matter what, and I should treat others the way I want to be treated. All of our lessons are designed to provoke discovery and invite kids into a new understanding of how to grow in relationship with Jesus.
While Parents are in Worship or their Connect Groups, this is a time for our kids to have their own Connect Groups. Kids love hanging out with friends and they love their leaders! These fun and safe environments offer the perfect places for kids to talk and learn about the Bible.
Kidstime in the clubhouse is centered around a monthly virtue. We want kids to learn the Bible and learn how to use it in their lives. Centered around a monthly character virtue, the children learn through music, dance, videos, games, and activities! Our kids experience is fun and exciting, church will never be called “boring” again! Kidstime meets in the large group room just around the corner from our Preschool.
• A computer-based child check-in system for ALL children (babies through 5th grade) is in place with stations located outside the Preschool area and inside the Preschool area.
• Each Sunday, we have trained volunteers available to assist you in the check-in process. This easy process involves entering your last name, selecting the appropriate class for your child, and printing your child’s label and pick-up labels. Your child will be released only to an adult with the pick-up label matching the child’s label. Children will only be released to adults 18 years or older.
• While in our care, each child’s safety is our top priority.
• ALL volunteers have background checks before working with children and youth.
• If you are needed while your child is in our care, we will contact you via pager. Our pagers are available for checkout at a counter in the preschool area. If a parent loses at tag needed for pick-up, they will be asked for ID or asked to reprint labels at the Child Check-in area.
Childcare is available with pre-registration for Wednesday night activities, for those participating as a volunteer in a ministry in the building, and for certain special events at DC Church.
For the safety of your child, it is required that you remain in the building while your child is in our care.
Please click below to register your child for childcare. On the form you will find a list of the events at DC Church for which childcare is available. This does not include regular Sunday Morning activities like worship services. Reservations must be made 2 business days in advance. Please give a 24 hour notice for cancellations.
Email Tande Reckley at email@example.com regarding cancellations.