The DC Kids staff is committed to helping lay a strong foundation in the life of each child, with the hope that when older, each child will accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Our desire is to provide a Christ-centered, interactive, fun and safe environment for your child to learn and build lasting relationships.
Includes Bible Study, Praise & Worship, Arts & Crafts and Snacks. We teach kids the same basic heart truths repeatedly until they fully understand them: God created me, God loves me and Jesus wants to be my friend forever! Each of our classes is designed to help even the youngest children begin to understand that God made everything for a purpose - including them! We look forward to partnering with you through prayer and teaching, as you begin this incredible journey with your child towards the development of Godly character, lasting relationships, and, most importantly, a whole hearted commitment to Christ.
This is a time for kids (grades K-5th) to learn lessons from the Bible, develop Bible skills, and realize how the Bible is relevant in their lives today. Our dedicated teachers offer a nurturing, safe and fun environment as they lead the children into a deeper knowledge of who God is and how to know him better. We also encourage the classes to participate in various community service/mission projects throughout the year.
“Kidstime” is an exciting worship service (K-5th grade) designed to bring the kids into a closer relationship with God. In Kidstime, Kids learn to connect their Bible story to how they can use it in their lives today. Centered around a monthly character virtue, the children learn through music, dance, videos, games, and live actors who bring the Bible story to life! Our kids experience is fun and exciting, church will never be called “boring” again! Kidstime meets in the large group room just around the corner from our Preschool.
• A computer-based child check-in system for ALL children (babies through 5th grade) is in place with stations located outside the Preschool area and inside the Preschool area.
• Each Sunday, we have trained volunteers available to assist you in the check-in process. This easy process involves entering your last name, selecting the appropriate class for your child, and printing your child’s label and pick-up labels. Your child will be released only to an adult with the pick-up label matching the child’s label. Children will only be released to adults 18 years or older.
• While in our care, each child’s safety and security is our top priority.
• ALL volunteers have background checks before working with preschoolers.
• If you are needed while your child is in our care, we will contact you via pager. Our pagers are available for checkout at a counter in the preschool area. If a parent loses at tag needed for pick-up, they will be asked for ID or asked to reprint labels at the Child Check-in area.
Questions: Contact Jen Boren, Children's Ministry Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! Break forth into joyful songs of praise! - Psalm 98:4
MISSION: To bring glory and honor to God by lifting up our voices in praise. To draw closer to Him and prepare our hearts for worship and lead others into His presence.
PURPOSE: To grow closer to the Lord in a spirit of worship. To outwardly express our love for God by worshiping Him with all of our heart, soul and mind.
LOCATION: Deep Creek Baptist Church Campus. 250 Mill Creek Pkwy., Chesapeake, VA 23323
MEETING TIME: Wednesday Nights from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in rooms 115, 119 and 121.
AGES: Grades K-5th
ACTIVITIES: Kids will learning new songs and having fun as they sing, play games, make new friends, and dig into God’s word.
Check-in: Children will need to be checked in using our check-in system when you bring your child to KidzRock. We have an amazing volunteer team who is dedicated to creating a fun and safe environment for your child. In order to maintain a safe environment, we ask that all adults checking in their children stay within the church building. There is free wifi and coffee in the main lobby of the church.
Pick-up: Adults who are picking up their children from KidzRock must present their child’s matching number or a picture ID.
Rehearsals: Children in KidzRock will be leading worship during a Sunday service and for special events. Committed attendance is important so we can do our best to shine for Jesus.
Schedule: KidzRock will be following the Chesapeake Public School calendar. Parents will be provided with a projected calendar when their child is registered for KidzRock.
Registration: Parents can register their child for KidzRock online or complete a registration card at the children’s check-in area.
Questions: Contact Kelly Cahoon at email@example.com