This is a time for kids (grades K-5th) to learn lessons from the Bible, develop Bible skills, and realize how the Bible is relevant in their lives today. Our dedicated teachers offer a nurturing, safe and fun environment as they lead the children into a deeper knowledge of who God is and how to know him better. We also encourage the classes to participate in various community service/mission projects throughout the year.
“Kidstime” is an exciting worship service (K-5th grade) designed to bring the kids into a closer relationship with God. Starting upstairs in their small groups, kids learn to connect their Bible story to how they can use it in their lives today. At 11:05, all small groups head down to our family life center, where they enter a worship experience created just for them! Centered around a monthly character virtue, the children learn through music, dance, videos, games, and live actors who bring the Bible story to life! Our Clubhouse Kids experience is fun and exciting, church will never be called “boring” again!
At 9:15 you will drop your child off in their connect group rooms upstairs on our Elementary wing upstairs. Then, at 11:00 we will bring your children down to the gym to experience our amazing Kidstime Worship. Kids can be picked up prior to 11:00 a.m. in their connect group rooms and after 11:00 a.m. in the gym. Please remember that safety is our top priority and every adult who picks up a child will need to have their tag from check-in.
• A computer-based child check-in system for ALL children (babies through 5th grade) is in place with stations located downstairs in the Preschool hall.
• Each Sunday, we have trained volunteers available to assist you in the check-in process. This easy process involves entering your last name, selecting the appropriate class for your child, and printing your child’s label and pick-up labels. Your child will be released only to an adult with the pick-up label matching the child’s label.
• While in our care, each child’s safety and security is our top priority. If you misplace your child’s check-in label while at the church, please see a check-in team member. No child will be released to a sibling under the age of 18 or to anyone without a proper check-in label or photo ID.
• ALL volunteers have background checks before working with children.
• If you are needed while your child is in our care, we will contact you by displaying the 3 digits on your child’s check-in label on the message board in the Worship Center, so that you may come to the children's area and receive or console your child.
Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! Break forth into joyful songs of praise! - Psalm 98:4
MISSION: To bring glory and honor to God by lifting up our voices in praise. To draw closer to Him and prepare our hearts for worship and lead others into His presence.
PURPOSE: To grow closer to the Lord in a spirit of worship. To outwardly express our love for God by worshiping Him with all of our heart, soul and mind.
MEETING TIME: Wednesday Nights from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in rooms 115, 119 and 121.
AGES: Grades K-5th
ACTIVITIES: Kids will learning new songs and having fun as they sing, play games, make new friends, and dig into God’s word.
Check-in: Children will need to be checked in using our check-in system when you bring your child to KidzRock. We have an amazing volunteer team who is dedicated to creating a fun and safe environment for your child. In order to maintain a safe environment, we ask that all adults checking in their children stay within the church building. There is free wifi and coffee in the main lobby of the church.
Pick-up: Adults who are picking up their children from KidzRock must present their child’s matching number or a picture ID.
Rehearsals: Children in KidzRock will be leading worship during a Sunday service and for special events. Committed attendance is important so we can do our best to shine for Jesus.
Schedule: KidzRock will be following the Chesapeake Public School calendar. Parents will be provided with a projected calendar when their child is registered for KidzRock.
Registration: Parents can register their child for KidzRock online or complete a registration card at the children’s check-in area.
Questions: Contact Kelly Cahoon at email@example.com