Just as Jesus’ ministry here on earth included reaching out to those with disabilities, we too want to be a part of reaching everyone with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our DC Kids Champions Club ministry started in October of 2015 and is dedicated to providing hope to students with special needs and their families, through an amazing volunteer staff. Our goal is to minister to each student by helping him grow in an environment that continues the vision of DCKids by “Connecting Kids to God and Others”.
• To integrate the same DCKids ministry goals through our teaching.
• To provide a trained volunteer team to minister to the disabled.
• To share the amazing news of Jesus Christ with all people with disabilities and help them grow in their faith.
• To use research based strategies to help maximize each person's potential. - To help people with disabilities become integrated into the life and the body of the church.
• To come beside and support the special needs family… to provide resources, small group connections, and counseling if necessary.
CHECK-IN: Please check-in your child at with the DCKids check-in team on the first floor of DCKids. When filling out the form for the first time, please check that your child has special needs. Next, let a check-in team member know that your child has special needs and they will call one of our Champions Club Leaders to assist you and your child.
Blue Room: Our Elementary, self-contained room for any child with special needs. This room has multiple sensory areas as well as swings, toys for special needs, and iPads. This is the perfect place for a child to have a peaceful retreat or have a one-on-one Bible story.
Yellow Room: Our Preschool self-contained room opened in June 2016. This room on our lower level of DCKids is designed with the preschool and/or wheelchair-bound children with special needs in mind. It is located next to our check-in area, and also offers a perfect place for our Champions Club children to retreat.
Our buddy program is for children of all ages and with the help of our trained buddies, most of our Champions Club children are able to attend our regular DCKids groups. Buddies are adults and teens who stay with your child to assist with activities during small group and Kidstime.